Pages

August 18, 2014

Who?

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' and Falling Into First for Meet the Teacher!



Nothing like killing to birds with one stone, right? :)

Anyway...  I'm Brittany from Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids.  I live in Southern Indiana, known for it's cornfields, knobs, and basketball.  I have taught kindergarten for eight years in the same classroom I started in my first year of teaching.  In those eight years, I have had approximately 150 students, all of whom hold a very special place in my heart.

This is my family.

My husband, Eric, is the art director at one of the biggest monument companies in the midwest, which happens to be in our little town.  He is also an author.  His second book will be published next month, and I couldn't be more proud of him.  You should check it out.

We stay busy with the two little boogers you see in that picture.  Porter is our five year old son.  He's in kindergarten this year, and he is loving every minute.  Our daughter, Claire, is three going on thirteen.  To say she's a sassy pants is the understatement of the year.  Between baseball, soccer, and dance, we are running every minute of our lives it seems.

Now that you know just a smidgen about me, let's move onto the fun stuff. :)


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Jesus.  My family.  McDonald's tea, half cut (meaning half sweet, half unsweet) with no ice.  Tervis Tumblers.  Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Peanut butter M&Ms.  Hooded sweatshirts.  Fall.  Fleece leggings.  Strawberries.  Shopping.  Having money to spend while shopping.  Cincinnati Reds baseball.  Indiana Hoosiers basketball.

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
When I was little, I really wanted to be a lawyer.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I watched To Kill a Mockingbird at a young age.  Now, if I had to pick a different profession, I think I would enjoy getting my MBA and being a shark.  Like on Shark Tank.  Look out, Mark Cuban.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Driven.  Passionate.  Compassionate.
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
I'd love to test my kids every time I turn around!!!
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
I would want my entire family to get together.  We always have lots of fun!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
That's What She Said

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Mind reading.  I'd love to know what people really think!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
"Jolene" by Dolly Parton.  Love that song!
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
I'm a firm believer that nothing in life should start before 9 am.  

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
I love my Sight Word Palooza pack!  I literally use it every day in my classroom.  It's a great resource for teaching sight words!

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 
My husband and I are twelve years apart age wise.  His brother was my youth minister in high school, and I had met Eric on several occasions, but didn't know him well.  Several years after I graduated, I ran into him again, and it was instant love.  I failed to realize those several years ago that he was that much older than me... He had fit right in with the youngsters!  No one believes he is as old as he is!

If you're linking up with Blog Hoppin' here's the schedule for the week:


Make sure to check back tomorrow to check out my classroom.  It's a definite labor of love!


No comments:

Post a Comment