Pages

August 31, 2014

Peek at Our Week

Can I start out by saying THANK GOODNESS for a three day weekend?!?!  

I have been hit by the back to school crud full-force.  On Wednesday, I FINALLY went to the doctor at the urging of my sweet kindergarten teacher friend from across the hall.  I'm sure it was for my well-being and not because she was sick of hearing me hack my head off throughout the day. :)

After sitting in the exam room for about an hour (and only nodding off twice), I was diagnosed with bronchitis.  Guess what I say to that???


It's been four days, and the cough just won't go away.  I'm looking forward to having one more day just to rest and try to kick it.  Otherwise, it's back to the doctor I go!

I'm linking up with the amazing Deedee Wills for 


This week, we will be celebrating family.  It's our first unit that ends with a huge celebration, GRANDPARENT'S DAY!  We will make our family trees, do some cute craftivities, and read one of my favorite picture books, Koala Lou.  

We will also be starting the Meet with Me station.  I'm fortunate to have my amazing Title 1 tutor in the room during station time.  When I say she's amazing, that's not even doing her justice!  As students get adjusted to stations, we each run a group during each rotation.  I'm excited to use some fantastic resources during our small group time.

Guided Reading pack from Deanna Jump

RTI Intervention pack from Babbling Abby

RTI Letter Confusion pack from Holly Ehle

We have also completed our first math unit (numbers 1-5), and are moving on to sorting and classifying.  I can't wait to do some really fun, engaging activities to teach this concept. 

Of course, we will be using the iPads for lots of fun learning as well.  We will be utilizing PicCollage for math to show same and different, Counting Caterpillar in math stations, and Reading Eggs in literacy stations.  We have also been using the iPads during seat work time on Tuesday-Thursday.  On Mondays and Fridays, we do name practice using pencil and paper.





Oh, and don't forget to tune into Sheila Jane Teaching on Friday at 4 pm PST (that's 7 pm to us in the east).  I'll be talking about my passions... Technology integration and PBL!




No comments:

Post a Comment