Pages

August 10, 2014

Peek at My Week!

I'm linking up with Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for the very first


I love that Deedee hosts this link-up every Sunday night.  It definitely helps keep me accountable.

With this being the first week back to school, we have a lot of ice-breaker type activities scheduled for the week.  We will read some beginning of the year favorites, including Jitter Juice, The Kissing Hand, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  We will talk procedures, rules, and expectations.  We may even end the week with some fun centers if we have time!

Here are some of the resources I will be using this week.  Click the on the picture to check out these wonderful products yourself!

All About My Teacher Book by me :)

Crazy for Kindergarten by Babbling Abby

Don't Forget My Number by Cara Carroll

The Backpack Boogie by Growing Kinders

Owls Back to School pack by Kindergarten Smiles

Click the images to see my lesson plans in more detail.  As always the first week of school...  Things will be on a play-it-by-ear schedule.

The most important thing this week is to build relationships with my students and between my students.  This is a make-or-break week.  While I feel all of these activities will contribute to the relationship building, if a better opportunity presents itself, we shall go with it.





These plans look so basic compared to what they look like at the end of the year.  It's just another reminder of how far Kindergarten Kids come in 180 days!

Image from Technology Rocks, Seriously blog.  Prayer written by an unknown source.

This will be my prayer for my students this year.  It sits in a frame on my desk, and in those trying moments where I could either pull my hair out or cry, I glance over and remember that they need me. The next 180 days will include many laughs, memories, learning opportunities, tears, and sweet teas. I can't wait to see what this year holds.

4 comments:

  1. a) I think you are adorable and amazing! b) thank you for linking up! c) I love the prayer!

    Your lesson plans look GREAT! I think our first weeks are going to look pretty similar!!!! Have a great one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also! I love Abby's Jitter Juice. I know she originally wrote that poem, so I was shocked to see another packet with that name. I just assumed you meant her unit... EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thank you for posting! Do u mind sharing what font u use on your lesson plan, the font that u wrote "lunch & Recess"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you always done writing at the end of the day? I am curious how that works out for your little kinder kids. I am still trying to figure out my daily schedule right now. I just never feel like I have enough time to get it all in.

    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete