Pages

January 11, 2015

Peek At Our Week: States of Matter and Frozen Fun!

I'm linking up with Deedee to share a peek at our week!  


This week is all about states of matter.  We will be utilizing Brain Pop Jr., lots of books on MyOn, and this great resource from Elizabeth.

Click the image to view it on TPT.

We will also be conducting the cutest science experiment I believe I've ever seen.

Click the image to learn more.

We will also be starting our spelling unit.  We've been working on blending words for a while now, and we have been focusing on word families for quite some time as well.  Our district has always started spelling right after Christmas break, so now is the time!  

This summer, I created this resource perfect for the kindergarten classroom.

Click to view in TPT

For our brand-new Spelling Work Station, kids will be able to choose from a variety of options from this pack, including a QR code that will take you directly to a custom list on Spelling City.  There is also a stamping spelling words option, as well as a painting spelling words option.  I believe my kiddos will love these activities!

We also are finishing up our second grading period and first semester this week, which means we have teacher records day on Wednesday.  I will be cranking out report cards that day, but we will also be discussing our school's first ever Digital Snow Make-Up Day...  More to come on that!

I am so excited for this week!  I've never done a unit on states of matter, and I think it will be one to continue year to year!

Click on the images of the lesson plans to see them in a larger view.






Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment