Pages

July 1, 2013

Made It Monday!

Happy Monday!  I am so excited to link up to 4th Grade Frolics for....


I have been surprisingly crafty so far this summer.  


So this sweet little project is someone else's idea, but man, is it a good one!  I follow the amazing Michelle from Apples and ABCs on Instagram.  She posted the cutest little project a couple of weeks ago, and I knew I just had to do it, too!  


I made a trip to Michael's early this week and bought a wood letter {on clearance, I might add}.  I also purchased a sheet of scrapbook paper.  Add in some Mod Podge, and you have all the ingredients you need for the cutest little photo prop you have ever seen!

Step 1:  Trace the letter onto the scrapbook paper.  
Step 2:  Cut out the tracing.
Step 3:  Brush Mod Podge all over your letter.
Step 4:  Carefully place paper letter onto wood letter.

Easy peasy.  Someday I will learn to take step-by-step pictures.  Until then, bear with me.


{For some background knowledge, my kiddos do lots of projects in groups throughout the year.  For example, they work in groups to create math addition and subtraction stories using Doodle Buddy at least once a week.  Also, our final activity for the year is to create an iMovie about a zoo animal for that unit.}

I really wanted to create some kind of cute background for my collection of iPads.  I have 7 iPads in my classroom, and while I am so thankful for them, it is sometimes difficult for little ones to remember which iPad they have used when working in a group.  The way I break my kids in groups is by their table seating arrangement.  I name my tables by color, so this is the way I chose to name my iPads as well!


To make this cute little background, I used Keynote (or PowerPoint if that's how you roll) to basically just make a slide of exactly what I wanted.  Notice the chevron, chalkboard, and bunting.  Trendy to the max.  Then, you export it as a picture, email it to yourself or DropBox it, and there you have it!  iPad background in a jiffy! :)


Another digital item!  Can you tell I {love} my MacBook.  I don't know how I lived without it.  



This cute little banner is for my My Big Campus page.  For those of you who don't know what that is, you can check it out here.  I will also use this banner for my newsletter and Facebook page.

To make this, I followed very similar steps as I did for my iPad backgrounds.  

First, I opened Keynote (my program of choice).  I drew a shape and filled it with my signature yellow chevron background.  I added the graphics and wording that I wanted.  Then, I exported it as a picture. I had to open Photoshop to crop it, but it is just as cute as can be.


Finally, for my most favorite crafty project...  A sneak peek of my painted classroom.  I was able to go into school for about an hour and a half yesterday, between church, lunch, and a writer husband who is nearing a deadline (love him!), and I got one wall painted.  I am going in today, tomorrow, and hopefully not Wednesday to finish up.  

Here is a little sneak peek for ya:

I pretty much love it.  

Next week's Made It Monday will {hopefully} be my finished classroom!

Be sure to link up for this fun par-tay!




And of course...



2 comments:

  1. I really like the big K project. It will be great for beginning of the year pictures.

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can paint your classroom walls?!? I am so envious! :-)

    ReplyDelete