Pages

September 28, 2014

Peek at Our Week: PBL and Fire Safety

Happy Sunday!  I'm linking up with my favorite, Deedee, to fill you in on what we will be doing in the land of Room 100 this week.


I'm so excited about this week in our kindergarten classrooms.  We are starting our first "real" PBL project!  If you've followed my blog for a while, you know I love using PBL in my classroom.  I dipped my toes in the waters last year, and I am excited to expand on it this year.  In true PBL nature, my students have no idea about our project yet.  We will begin our project on Tuesday, when our resident firefighter (first grade parent and former kindergarten parent) visits our classroom to tell us that our school needs an updated fire escape map.  Our firefighter friend visited our classroom during community helper week, so we already have some background knowledge of fire safety.  Having this information in our schema will help us in organizing our project.

After Mr. Firefighter leaves, we will go right into the organization of our project.  All three classes are working together on this project, so we will be meeting in our large group each day this week.  We will fill out our knows/need to knows/next steps chart, then break into our committees:  Photography (to take pictures of each staff member to place on the map), labeling, and digital production.  While students will get a choice on the committee they will join, their teachers already have an idea of who will go where.  

This is my first time to attempt this project, so I will blog about it post-project.  I'm excited to share it with you!

In addition to our PBL unit, we will also be using a lot of resources from my colleague, Lindsey!  She has created a couple of great resources for this week.  Check them out!



Seriously, adorable.

I'm also excited to be getting all prepped for our pumpkin unit!  Be watching for lots of activities coming your way in the next week or two.

Here are my detailed plans for the week.  Enjoy!





What are you up to this week?  Link up with Deedee to tell us all about it!

2 comments:

  1. What program do you use to create your visual lesson plans? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is worth note taking that people working in a safe and healthy environment can greatly focus on their tasks since they require not be worried about their safety. Such increase focus will then lead to better work output, which can basically eventually result to enhance in productivity and benefits.

    __________________
    Fire Safety Course | Fire Certification Course

    ReplyDelete