Pages

November 7, 2014

Five for Friday


Click the link above to link up, too!


This week was just one of those weeks.  Both of my kids went through their rounds of the yucky stomach bug going around, so around midnight Monday, my turn came.  Thank God for technology and awesome colleagues who helped get my room ready while I puked my guts up.  

Tuesday was Election Day, and in our district, we use that day as a PD day for all staff.  This year, we broke into cohorts and rotated to various sessions on priority standards, nonfiction text vs. informational text, writing essential questions, and the SAMR model.  I led a session for our K-12 teachers on priority standards along with three other teachers and our superintendents.  In the afternoon, we broke into grade levels to focus on making a game plan to move away from textbooks (YAY).  

It was just a really crazy week.  I am glad to see Friday.



Need a resource for Veteran's Day in your classroom?  Check out my math and literacy station pack with a patriotic theme!  It's 111 pages of awesome activities!


I was honored once again to be a featured blogger for GoNoodle!  This post contains 7 hacks to make your time with GoNoodle awesome.  Check it out here.


We are getting prepared for a big digital project... Our Thankful Project!  Our first step is to learn a new digital tool, iMovie.  Seriously, folks.  If you have iPads in your classroom, iMovie is a must-have app.  It is so user friendly.  On Thursday, the kids learned how to insert media, delete media, and add text.  Next week, we will learn how to add voice overs, and then we will begin creating our iMovies of things we are thankful to have in our lives.  It always amazes me when I teach kindergarteners a new digital tool.  Typically, they fly through it!  Yet another reason to advocate for the use of technology with youngsters. :)  I am excited to see how well they do!



Need a Thanksgiving resource?  Look no further!  I am so excited to be doing our Thankful Feathers on Wednesday with the kids.  

Basically, each kid will take home five feathers printed on colored construction paper.  There, they will draw or add pictures of things they are thankful for.  When they bring the feathers back to school, we will make it into a turkey using the feathers!  I always put this craft on my bulletin board, but I seriously have ZERO pictures of it up!  I can't believe I didn't take pictures of it last year! 

Anyway, click below to check out the resource for yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment