Pages

May 31, 2014

Five for Friday


I'm almost late to the party, but once again, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for FIVE FOR FRIDAY! :)


Like every week this school year, it's been a BUSY one.  We had a couple of special days this week, including watermelon day and pirate day.  


For watermelon day, the kids taste tested watermelon snacks and voted on their favorite.  Hands down, the winner was straight up watermelon.  The loser was without a doubt the watermelon Kool Aid, but the kids blamed that on the fact that I didn't stir it.  Oops...  We also made an adorable watermelon craft and wrote three reasons we think school is sweet.


Pirate day was just as adorable.  I mean, what's not cute about kindergarteners dressed in pirate costumes?!?!  Quite a few kids dressed up, but this teacher totally forgot about pirate day until about 7:00 am the day of.  Luckily, the kids still had a blast and didn't even notice.

Game day is a long standing tradition in my classroom.  We try to do it at least once a quarter, but this year we didn't get to do it as much, thanks to our crazy Southern Indiana weather.  Anyway... today we played Twister, Trouble, Disney Headbandz, Candy Land, Yahtzee, and Uno.  Since it was our last game day, I let the kids pick what we played.  Can I take a minute to recognize the number of parents who showed up to help?!?!  I think I will miss this amazing group of parents as much as I will miss the kids!  

At the end of the day, one of my sweet kindergarten kids came up to me and asked if we could play Uno again at our next game day.  I had to break it to him that we wouldn't be having game day anymore, because he was going to first grade.  That poor little guy started bawling right then and there!  Have I mentioned I love my kiddos?


We also took an all-school field trip to the movie theater today.  Isn't this just the sweetest group of kids you've ever seen?  K-2 students went in the morning and watched Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer.  The kids were amazing.  The movie was adorable.  I'd say that all in all, it was the  perfect day.



I know everyone and their kindergarten co-worker is making this for their end of the year gift, but I had to share mine.  I thought they turned out so adorable.  I get teary eyed just looking at them!  Thanks to Katie from Little Warriors for creating such a cute, memorable gift!  My plan is to head the Dollar Tree at some point and frame all of them.



Isn't this picture just FUN?!?!  On Thursday, kiddos who raised $200 or more for our fundraiser got an hour in this bad boy.  Lucky for us, it was left up after school. :)  From left to right are Lindsey from Miss Law's Kinders, Amy (who is blogless, but not for long!), Liz from Mrs. Wimp's Firsties, me, and Jena from Sew Much Music.

Speaking of fun... My little girl has her first dance recital tomorrow.  Isn't she just precious?




Y'all... This isn't happening.  There is no way possible I only have five days left with 22 of the sweetest kids I have been blessed to teach.  I am seriously so emotional and sad about the end of this school year.  These last five days will be a lot of fun, a little sad, and absolutely, 100% wonderful.  

I have been so abundantly blessed to be their teacher.  

And now I'm crying... :(

1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures for end of year gifts. I think I will have to join in and do it too! Might get the kids to make their own frames for them as well!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete