Pages

December 7, 2014

Peek at Our Week... All Aboard the Polar Express!

It's hard to believe we only have two weeks until Christmas break!  

Next week is all about The Polar Express.  This week has always been special to me, but it is even more now that I have kiddos of my own.  You see, The Polar Express is a family tradition for us.  Every year, we head over to the historic town of French Lick to ride on the "real" Polar Express train.  It's likely the most popular holiday attraction in our area, and we've been going for five years now.  In fact, we've already booked tickets for next year.  Porter says he wants to go until he turns 32, so it's evident that we will be lifers. :)

Here are my crazy kiddos.  The looks on their faces say it all. :)

Anywho, I'm linking up with my friend Deedee to tell you all about our week!


All week, we will use the book The Polar Express as our anchor text.  We will also pull in non-fiction stories about trains.  The main resource we will use comes from my newest Polar Express pack (available on TPT).  Click the picture to learn more.


We are in the middle of so many things right now.  We are currently busy rehearsing our play, The Gingerbread Man, by HeidiSongs.  We perform it for our families the Wednesday before Christmas break, and on the Tuesday before break, we will be performing at a local nursing home for the residents.  

We are also knee-deep in our latest PBL event.  We have been busy creating greeting cards to sell to raise money for a local child advocate agency.  The kids are rocking it.  The only coffee shop in town has agreed to sell the cards for us, so I cannot wait to see the results.  

These kiddos amaze me.  Here, they are working on designing their cards.

On Friday, we get to come to school in PJs, drink hot chocolate and eat yummy cookies, and watch the movie, The Polar Express.  I absolutely love this day.  Partially because I can wear pajamas.  Mostly because it's an amazing day.  

Here is a peek at our week!





Now head on over to Deedee's blog to tell us about your week!

1 comment:

  1. In looking at your plans for the week, I see your school hours are very similar to ours. We go to specials at 10:00 and also have an hour for lunch/recess. I'm curious how you do your centers and the management of them? It's something I've been struggling with. Do you have any time to free time play centers?

    ReplyDelete